If you’re looking for information on How To Add a Disclaimer to WordPress Comments, you’re probably concerned that someone or some business may try to take comments on your website literally or even sue you.
Whilst it’s true that you have responsiblity for everything hosted on your website – including comments – a disclaimer can go some way to defend that you’re making sure people understand that the comments may no be presentative of your.
Thankfully there’s a really easy way to add a disclaimer to your comments section, and here’s how.
How To Add a Disclaimer to WordPress Comments
Here’s a step-by-step guide on How To Add a Disclaimer to a WordPress Blog:
- Log into your WordPress website
- In the Dashboard, find the ‘Appearance’ tab and hover over it – then select ‘Editor’
- On the left hand side you’ll see a number of pages – click on the ‘Comments’ link
- You’ll now be presented with some code. Start a new line right above the <?php text and type your disclaimer (see below)
- Scroll down and click the ‘Update File’ button. That’s it!