Finding information on how to descale a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine on the official website is pretty lacking. The Dolce Gusto website only refers to the newer machines (with the water preset on the top) but most people are finding it near on impossible to do the same for the slightly older machines. In addition, the instructions which come with the official descaler kit are less than easy to understand.
To try to make things easier for owners of Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee machines to descale them, I’ve created a video on how to descale a Nescafe Dolce Gusto which walks you through step-by-step. It covers:
- using the official Nescafe Dolce Gusto descaling kit
- using white vinegar as an alternative to chemicals
- problems which can occur with the machine being blocked
- unblocking a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine
- using the fitted pin to unblock the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine (where fitted)
- flushing the machine
- adding the official Nescafe Dolce Gusto descaling kit
The video also demonstrate a official Nescafe Dolce Gusto descaling kit which you may be interested in purchasing.