It’s very easy to carry out a Toshiba CB30 Chromebook screen replacement, and definitely one of the easiest to do. In fact, it’s so simple that even a novice tech can accomplish it.
You only need two tools – a sharp knife and a mini Philips screwdriver. You can buy a replacement screen cheaply here.
Once you’ve gathered together your tools and replacement screen, follow these instructions. There also a Toshiba CM30 Chromebook Screen replacement video at the end of the blog to guide you through the Toshiba CB30 Chromebook screen replacement step-by-step:
- Power of the CB30 by holding down the power button for 10 seconds
- Carefully remove the grey sticky screw covers on the bottom bezel
- Undo the two Phillips screws
- Carefully undo the bezel by prizing it off using a sharp knife – it should ‘click’ off
- Once the bezel is removed, undo the 4 Phillips screws holding the screen in place
- Fold the screen down on the keyboard by pulling the top away from you
- Carefully remove the sticky take from the ribbon connection on the base of the screen and unplug it
- Reassemble in reverse order.
Here’s the video guide: